Friday, April 21, 2006

Longing....


Today I was down cutting briars off of the fence. As I was there, cutting away, I realized how much I really and truly want to hike the Oregon leg of the PCT. It is over 400 miles. The plus is that it is in my "neck of the woods" so that if I did need to bail because of injury or so on, it would be easy to get a ride home. But would that make it easier for me to give up?

Here is a picture of Table Rock that I took from Lookout Mountain last spring.

Right now Table Rock is covered with snow, meaning it is not accessible by me YET.

I also want to hike in Bull of the Woods Wilderness this summer. That should be enough to get my feet wet so that I truly know that I will enjoy backpacking. I just have a feeling that I will love it. There is nothing I love better than being out on a walk with my Boom. Nothing at all. And the thought about being completely dependent on God for EVERYTHING ... You cannot get that in modern life. There are so many hiking stories where what is called "trail magic" happens, and I know it is the hand of God reaching out to those in the wilderness, even though so many people do not know it is Him. I am not saying I need to go into the wilderness to be with Him :) I know better than that... I just would like time ALONE with Him, and with me, and of course Boom... Which I have right now but she is torturing the cat again.

3 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Blogger Paula said...

Boom torturing the cat....I have a feeling the cat would like you to attempt the big hike, too. Hee hee!!!

 
At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm here! I'm here!! I miss you terribly. :( Gotta go, tomorrow's Orthodox Easter! :)

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger lindy said...

thank you both for posting !!!
paula and daffy ROCK!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home