Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I've Committed....

...or should I be COMMITTED?

I was hedging about starting to walk again after my tendonitis. I miss walking, I really do. But I just could not get back into it. So I made a plea to my online community for pledges to help me with my entrance fee for the Mayors Walk 10K and I had three really great friends come through :) and one "IRL" friend. {if you have met computer friends IRL doesn't that make them IRL friends? then it would be 4 IRL friends. HA!} anyhoo... So I am committed and can't get out of it now.

heh heh heh

:::: shreeks and hides ::::

see... my emotions are all over the place.

So I have been going over training plans, trying to fix one that fits me and the fact I have 14 weeks to get ready to be able to walk 6.2 miles. This has taken the focus off of the fact that I am going on my first real hike tomorrow! WOOT!

I am freaking out all ready. "I won't be able to do this" "how am I going to cross train/strengthen train" etc. Good ol' perfectionism setting in. My worst enemy/constant companion. Gee Tinkerbell, did you have to sew THAT shadow back on to me?????

I have a 5K under my belt so I know that this goes with the territory... Sheer terror!
My stomach is rebelling on me!

It is only 6.2 miles.
I can do this
I know I can
Maybe this time I will want a cheering section at the finish line.... Definitely someone to drive me up there. I think Moe will fit the bill. She was disappointed that she was not there for the 5K. But that was all about me and me alone. And God. Can't forget Him.

I can do this...
I can do this...

And tonight I start with a 30 minute walk.

Woweeeee.... October 1st is just around the corner....

5 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Blogger Paula said...

Yes, you can do this!

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

woohoo, I'm not nervous at all. just excited. can we go yet, can we, can we huh, huh? no really i'm just excited that your doing something for you. your going to do great. I can't wait to give you a ride and be there cheering when you finish.

 
At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you go ss!!!
what's that song from the kids Christmas movie.. one abt kris kringle..
famous song and dance man narrates
"put one foot in front of the other...."
step at a time
hugs
and just pinched self...yeah i'm real :)
lcl

 
At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes you can! You can do it! Wooohooooo!

Ellendalf

 
At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes you can!!!!
Ooooooh OCTOBER... my favorite month! ((((hugs))))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home