Monday, July 10, 2006

for as he thinketh in his heart, so is he


Proverbs 23:7

That is amazing to me.
As I sit here with this huge list in front of me of things I need to accomplish in the next few hours it seems so daunting. So the same old tapes start playing in my head. You are not going to be able to get it all done. You will fail. You can't do that. And I feel the bile rising in my throat. My stomach starts to churn. I start to feel the anxiety rising. I feel my breathing change. I feel my heart quickening. Once again I attempt to defeat myself with my own thoughts. So I take these feelings and let them go. This list is not as bad as I think it is. I can do this.

I have my choices before me. Either succumb to the same old thinking or to move forward and choose to no longer think this way.

3 Comments:

At 7:18 AM, Blogger Paula said...

Yikes, maybe you shouldn't MAKE to-do lists! =)

I get that panicky feeling when I look at them, too...I try to remind myself of the amazing feeling of crossing something off the list...but it doesn't always help.

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have those same tapes in my head. (((((((((hugs))))))))) Miss you! BTW my bank says the check hasn't been cashed yet...

 
At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how abt a *done did* list? :D
(i should take my own advice and *done do* something :P)
lcl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home