Wednesday, July 05, 2006

weeding does count!



I came back up the hill and found out that it was after 9 pm. I was down in the #4 field pulling canadian thistle for over 2 hours. Well I figured that it had to count for something, right? I just checked in with "The President's Challenge" where I log in my activity, [and have the opportunity to win patches and the like-great motivation!] and found that weeding does not count, but I figure I can add it under gardening and get my time in for today. Whee!

I would highly suggest that if you can/have the want to enter a 5k or another walk then you should do it. I was getting so tired towards the end of my weeding and I just looked back at my 5k in March and thought to myself "It is as if I am at the 2 mile mark. I am almost done, very tired, but if I just push past this spot I can make it all the way through." Well, I did :-). It is helping me develop not only a better work ethic, but giving me amazing stamina for someone my size.

3 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Blogger Paula said...

Speaking on behalf of all Canadians...sorry about the thistles.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger lindy said...

lol
I sincerely meant to say in that entry that I do not hold it against any of my Canadian friends, and that includes you :)
huggles
Lindy

 
At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

surely they just forgot to include it....or else it's because they've never seen a weed..don't they have gardeners for such things (being involved with the prez and all )
anyway....i've weeded...def count it.....
btw....are ya gonna put your patches on a cool hat??
lcl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home