Thursday, August 17, 2006

Time to Buckle Down!

Eeek! It is 6 weeks until the 10K. Time to start taking this all more seriously! Sure, I could do it today, but do I really want to kill myself off? heh. I don't think so.

I found a very reasonable training plan. Until recently I was looking at a half marathon trainging plan and found it too overwhelming for where I am right now and the fact that I do not need to train to walk THAT far. I am only walking 6.2 miles for crying out loud!!

The funniest thing happened to me yesterday. I was chatting at the weight loss board I belong to and someone on there had put that 5K, no problem, 10K "good luck" kinda post. Like I could not do it! HA! I retorted in a nice manner "as for the nay sayer I hiked a mountain with over 1,000 ft gain and the trail was over 7 miles, I think I can walk a 10K!" heh! One more time that I have found my mountain empowering!

(my mountain... I love the sound of that ...)

This is the training schedule I am using. I really like it because I do not have to worry about actual miles. The half marathon one I was using was too overwhelming to me.

By the way I am seriously thinking about hiking Table Rock again before snow fall. I need to get my trip report posted here! Where does the time go?

Thank you all SO MUCH for your support... especially Paulaberry and Daffy. (((((HUGS))))) and not to mention Ellendalf, Jusy, and alice.... with y'all behind me I feel as if I can do



A N Y T H I N G!!

if only I could make that dance...

hmmm... how about this:


1 Comments:

At 2:40 AM, Blogger Marcy said...

You're going to walk a 10K? Wow. That's quite a distance! Is this something new in your life...a goal? Were you sedentary before?

Good on ya.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home